Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A new developement
Jan 2, 2013

Good morning Nelson, I have a lot of questions at this point, but I will limit this to the most pressing. I have been pos since 2007 and on meds since 2008. I became a polyp producer. October 17th, after attempting to remove a large polyp my colon was perforated. October the 19th they took my entire diseased colon. I spent two weeks in the hospital and lots of antibiotics for an infection caused by the perforation. I have had what everyone around me calls a very speady recovery. I am still weak, but back on the treadmill and will be back to full time work next week. I have posted to you in the past about weight loss and I know me well enough to know that it will not bee long ad I will be back to my normal exercise routine. For 11 years I have lived a low carb lifestyle. I am holding my weight at this point, I did loose 25 pounds through the ordeal. I am 6'0" right now and weight 208, I was obese at one time and weighed over 350. I have been warned about not being able to hold my weight too well after I am back to full throttle. Here is the question, how should I proceed both physically and nutritionally? I do have a trainer I will be returning to. As always, if you need more information I will give it to you. Thank you in advance for your help.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I would follow the suggestions I provide in these three articles if you can:

Outsmarting HIV With Healthy Eating

Nelson's Top 10 Tricks for Fat Loss

Exercise Tips

Good luck and stay motivated. Nelson

Previous
Seeking the right meds
Next
Doctor Oversight, Drug Resistance

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.