|Excessive and rapid calculus build-up
Nov 7, 2012
Dental visits spaced from 6 months to 5 weeks, all with required deep scaling. Dentist will not move beyond the point that my dental higene is the problem. I seem to remember something in the professional community (at least those closely associated with HIV) about newly discovered connedtions with HIV meds (cocktails) and accelerated dental issues. Can you give me some quidence?
| Response from Dr. Henry
HIV infection has been associated with increased risk for gum disease/tooth decay. Effective HIV treatment has generally resulted in less gum problems with no specific regimen clearly linked to increased risk for clinically significant tooth disease to my knowledge. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.