Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Looking Back.

Hi Nelson.

Without knowing it at the time, I was infected in March 1999. Prior to that month I remember I was extremely energetic and active, possessing a real buzz for life; particularly having a hunger for extreme mountain biking; almost an addiction.

I was diagnosed in 2008. Looking back, I can see a marked difference in my energy levels and that buzz I had for life and my love for my mountain bike addiction from March 1999.

This is just a personal observation. Could the virus have an unconscious affect on our desire to be active/for that adrenalin hit? Can it take that buzz from us without us knowing?

In comparison, now, I really have to make myself go out on the bike. I do it now as a necessity rather than an addiction.

Your thoughts please.

And thank you.

Ps. Can I add that I miss Dr Bobs contribution. I am sure he is sorely missed by you guys.

Fatigue has been my main problem. I am convinced that sleep disorders are more common in HIV although we have very little data to support that statement. I also think that HIV medications can cause fatigue. Replicating HIV can also add to the problem. Hormone imbalances are also not uncommon in HIV+ people. So, there are many factors that could get in the way of healthy stamina.

Yes, we all miss Dr Bob! He can never be replaced.

Nelson

Fatigue

I'm not sure what my next step is....
Protein in urine