Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Looking Back.
Oct 24, 2012

Hi Nelson.

Without knowing it at the time, I was infected in March 1999. Prior to that month I remember I was extremely energetic and active, possessing a real buzz for life; particularly having a hunger for extreme mountain biking; almost an addiction.

I was diagnosed in 2008. Looking back, I can see a marked difference in my energy levels and that buzz I had for life and my love for my mountain bike addiction from March 1999.

This is just a personal observation. Could the virus have an unconscious affect on our desire to be active/for that adrenalin hit? Can it take that buzz from us without us knowing?

In comparison, now, I really have to make myself go out on the bike. I do it now as a necessity rather than an addiction.

Your thoughts please.

And thank you.

Ps. Can I add that I miss Dr Bobs contribution. I am sure he is sorely missed by you guys.

Response from Mr. Vergel

Fatigue has been my main problem. I am convinced that sleep disorders are more common in HIV although we have very little data to support that statement. I also think that HIV medications can cause fatigue. Replicating HIV can also add to the problem. Hormone imbalances are also not uncommon in HIV+ people. So, there are many factors that could get in the way of healthy stamina.

Yes, we all miss Dr Bob! He can never be replaced.

Nelson

Fatigue

Previous
I'm not sure what my next step is....
Next
Protein in urine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.