Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Neck, back and left upper arm pain

Hello I have been dealing with this neck and back pain that also affects my left upper arm when I turn my neck a certain way some days its worse than others. It has been an issue for about a month now. I am currently taking reyataz issentress and norvir and have been diagnosed since 2007. My cdc count is a little over 500 and i am undetectable hiv level. Is this due to my HIV status or is this entirely due to something else? Like maybe sleeping on to soft mattress or pitch nerve? Thank you in advance

Pain localized to left upper arm/neck and back as you describe would be unlikely related directly to HIV or your HIV medications. Your suggestion that it might be due to some nerve impingement from pressure/disc disease or other condition is one likely explanation. I recommend discussing with your HIV provider and consider a neurologic evalaution/X-rays to look for a underlying cause/specific location for the problem. KH

am not seeing my menstrual again
hair loss caused by hiv