|undiagnosed and untreated for 12 years
Sep 24, 2012
am 62. My HIV/AIDS wnent undiagnosed and untreated for 12 - 15 years. How much worse will this be for me given the fact the virus fesstered for more than a decade?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
It is impossible to tell. Some people respond better than others no matter how early or late they start HIV medications. Starting at a higher CD4 cell count gives you a better chance at normalizing CD4 counts. But I have seen some people's CD4 cells go up from 0-10 to 1000 cells /ml !
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Untreated Vaginal Thrush For Five Years
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can I Do At Home To Make My Herpes Outbreak Go Away?
- What Are The Stages Of Hpv?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.