Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Will genital warts eventually go away without treatment while HIV+ or stay?

I recently found out I am HIV+ and have already started taking medications (Atripla). Now I think I might have genital warts around and maybe in my anus. It's just been feeling itchy around there and when i examined it i noticed wartlike growths there so im guessing I have it.

I read on the internet that a healthy person's immune system might eventually get rid of it without treatment. But I guess i don't have a healthy immune system, However, If I continue to take my meds regularly and my immune system gets better will it then go away without treatment or should I look into getting it treated now (if i have it) before it spreads more (if it does that)?

Anal warts will not go away after you start HIV therapy. In fact, the virus that causes warts is HPV and it remains active and troublesome even as CD4 cells increase.

Talk to your doctor about getting the warts treated and also have him or her send you to a colon rectal doctor to perform an anoscopy to ensure that you do not have any internal warts or other issues.

Nelson

sperm count
Newly diagnsed with low CD4 - what should I watch out for?