Aging With HIVAging With HIV

I started treatment within weeks. Will my body ever stop producing the antibody?

I started treatment 25 days from the day of initial infection, and a week after initially visiting the doctor with a high fever, rash and "cold sore" on my face. My CD4 at the time was 156 and my viral load was more than 500,000. After being on ART for exactly 8 months, my CD4 rapdily shot up (within 45 days) and is currently 1,224 and my viral load is undetectable.

Is there a chance that because I started early, I will see high numbers for a long time? Also, is there a chance that I maintain undetectable levels for a long time and high CD4 counts, that one day my body may actually STOP producing the antibodies for HIV?

Congrats on you great response to treatment.

Yes, there is a good possibility that your immune system will stay that strong for a long time and that you remain without detectable viral load for the long term if you adhere to your regimen.

We do not stop producing antibodies for HIV since HIV is still present in our bodies. Even Timothy Brown, the person who got cured of HIV, had his HIV antibodies decrease with time after his cure, but he still has small amounts of antibodies after 5 years of his procedure.

Nelson

CD 4 COUNT DRASTICAL DOWN(RECOVERED)
Having fun durring summer