Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Acute Intermittent Porphyria

I have recently been diagnosed with the above as well as having been hiv+ for 7 years.Since last year my meds have been change 3 times and im now on Truvada and Raltegravir. My joints ache, constant pain in my abdomen, developing man boobs and no have perones disease whats happening to me as my consultant appears not to know as im the only person with AIC and HIV in the uk

AIP is a rare disease and difficult to diagnose. I am unaware of any association with HIV. One thing to keep in mind is that people living with HIV can get other diseases (i.e., HIV does not protect you from other twists of fate). So, it could be you have two different and unrelated medical issues.

It will be important to get help from a specialist in AIP as well as continued support from your HIV doc.

sterile with HIV
Testosterone going down while on replacement therapy