|Precum and syphilis
Jun 20, 2012
Hi Doc Can syphilis be transmitted if i swallow precum while giving a blow job?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Yes, but not from swallowing the pre-ejaculatory fluid. Syphilis is transmitted via skin-to-skin contact with an infected person. Someone who is infected can pass the bacteria from infected skin or mucous membranes (linings), usually your genital area, lips, mouth, or anus, to the mucous membranes or skin of your sexual partner.
The bacteria are fragile, so you cannot get syphilis from sharing food or utensils, or from using tubs, pools, or toilets.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
- Treatment For Laceration In Vaginal Opening
- What Can Vaginal Bumps Be Other Then Stds?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding During Intercourse?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.