Shingles vaccine recommendation?
Jun 1, 2012
I did a search on this question and to the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been addressed since 2008. Realizing that answers sometime change over time, I'll ask if there is any new research or advice on whether a healthy (UD VL and Cd4 over 600), positive, 60 year old should be vaccinated for shingles?
Response from Mr. Vergel
I would definitely suggest that you talk to your doctor about this. The vaccine has been shown to be safe in HIV+ people: Is It Safe to Give the Shingles Vaccine to HIV Positive People?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Diarrhea A Symptom Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Anal Warts?
- How To Treat Gonorrhea When You Are Hiv Positive?
- Can You Contract AIDS From French Kissing?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Having Sex During Period
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.