Aging With HIVAging With HIV

I have had HIV since 1997

I am wondering what to expect with my health if I continue not to take a treatment plan to slow the progression of HIV. I have been positive since 1997 and have not thought about it much. I refuse to take meds, and am just planning to go when the time comes. Have been feeling fatigued, sore in my neck area behind adams apple, frequent headaches, and a destinctive smell in bowel movements. Cronic Heartburn at times. What would you guess to be my time left to be if I continue no treatment.

Life expectancy depends on CD4 cells, viral load, comorbidities and other factors. Without knowing these, it is impossible to pull my crystal ball to tell you when you will die.

But one thing is for sure: you will die a lot sooner if you do not take medications, unless you are one of the lucky 0.2 percent that can control the HIV virus without medications.

Talk to a doctor about starting medications. The new meds are a lot friendlier that the old ones which used to scare people away from treatment. Also remember that you are a lot more infectious to others if you are not on HIV treatment.

Nelson

Tired
Protein in urine