Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Cure ??

I am a 46year old gwm and recently diagnosed a year now. I started taking Complera. Other than the flu like symptoms after infection, I have not been ill since. But anytime I feel ill with anything, I think it could be hiv related, a horrible way to live. I am wondering if the experts think there will be a cure in the near future? Thanks

We do not know when a practical cure will be available, but at least now we know it is possible.

I have lived with HIV for over 27 years and I understand how you feel. Only time will make you feel a little more relaxed about small health issues that may come up. It is only natural to fear that any symptoms of even the flu or a cold could be HIV related in your first year or so of infection. It took me a long time to come to terms with that, but back then we did not have the luxury of undetectable HIV viral load.

Slowly but surely HIV can drop to the background to people who can attain HIV undetectable viral load without side effects. Luckily, the newer HIV treatments make that more possible today. Time will assure you that you will be Ok in the long run. In the meanwhile, take your meds on time, exercise, eat healthy, sleep well and manage stress as well as you can. It gets better for most.

Nelson

Prezista - truvada - norovir
hcg protocol