Oct 22, 2008
can a t cell count be as low as 6??
Response from Dr. Moyle
Yes. The normal range is >450 but some people have CD4 cells of <10 when they have untreated HIV. The CD4 count usually rises quite rapidly once treatment is started. A CD4 count of 6 in a persons with untreated HIV is an indiaction for urgent treatment initiation regards Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can People With Hiv Work Out And Lift Weights?
- It Is Rare For An Hiv Negative Man To Get Hiv From Vaginal Sex
- Can Colloidal Silver Treat Neuropathy?
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.