Oct 21, 2008
Dr. Moyle, I am responding to an answer you gave in September regarding HIV positive individuals being organ donors. You responded that they can't due to transmission of the virus. Are you aware that in Illinois, HIV positive people have been allowed to register as organ donors, with all possible recipients being positive. Illinois was the first state to start such a program. I don't know if others have followed. Here's a link to news release from the state: http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?RecNum=3216&SubjectID=56
Response from Dr. Moyle
Thanks for your contribution. regards Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.