Aging With HIVAging With HIV

hiv

HI! I had 2 risky sexual encounters about 4 and a half months ago. I used condoms and dont recall any breakage. I had a std screening (except for hiv) after 1 week post exposure and then another screening after 1 month post exposure. Both times I got an all clear. After 75 days post exposure and then 90 days post exposure (I have read that 90 days is considered the window period) I had 2 hiv rapid tests done (tests where you go to a clinic and they give you the results in like 5 minutes) and both times they showed negative. I have not had any symptoms common to stds whatsoever (but I have read that most people with an std dont report having any tell tale symptoms).

I would like to know if these rapid hiv tests are accurate (remember 1 had 2 done and showed the same negative result). Could I come to the conclusion that I am indeed hiv negative? Also how long does it take for other stds such as hepatitis B to show up in blood tests? I had been tested for those e.g sypillus, hep b etc after 1 month post exposure, and it came back negative so is that conclusive?

Also is it true that hep B etc dont carry symptoms?

Waiting for your response!!

Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Moyle

This is a forum on HIV and aging.

Approved HIV rests such as rapid tests are highly >99% accurate so 2 negatives gives a reliable all clear.

regards Dr Moyle

Insurance in UK
CD4 count Plateau with undetectable VL