Aging With HIVAging With HIV

atripula side affects

I have no insurance and have been involved in several drug studies to get my meds. My doctor is well known in her field and seems to think changing drugs often is not a problem. Each time I go back to her to get the drugs they may change. When another doctor not a specialist in HIV but rather one who cared more about me from a long time friendship found out what I was doing he recomended I change doctors and get on a regular regiment. I am a bit confused now as it is time to go back and get more drugs. The last drug was atripula and I really like the convenience of only taking one pill a day but the side effects are very drastic. The depression and rages of anger are dangerous. There must be a better way to take care of my need for drugs out there. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I cannot comment on the access to care issues that exist in the US. It sounds like your Dr is doing her best to work within aceess to care limitations and that you have helped the HIV community with drug trials. Without trial volunteers we would have no new drugs and muc less understanding of how to use medications correctly. So thank you for that. In general changing between appropriat combinations when the virus i undercontrol is not an issue so not harm has been done. I am sure you would like to get onto a stable regimen so it is probably best to directly discuss this with your doctor and say you are tired of trials and just want stability. No doubt she will do her best to accommodate your needs. Typically Atripla side effects settle over a month or so. There are plenty of alternatives to Atripla that are also once daily. Side effecst that persist and an important inconvenience so its worthwhile changing to something else that agrees with you better Best regards Dr Moyle

Insurance
Life span of people who had symptoms