Jul 30, 2008
Hi Dr Moyle my name is sam, from London i would like to ask you that is there any chance of get an infected [HIV Positive]by bites from a house Dust mites? and aslo can you please let me know that a what kind of risk will it be in my life style, will it effect my family?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Hi Sam Insects have never been implicated in transmission of HIV. Transmission from day to day contacts with family members does not happen. Obviously, sharing toothbrushes and razors should be avoided.
For future reference, please not this is a forum on HIV and Aging. There are other fora at the body that address transmission
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Hiv From Insertive Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Acute HIV Symptoms Come And Go
- Hiv Hcv Coinfection Window Period
- During The Asymptomatic Stage Of Hiv Infection
- How Long Do It Takes To Get Hiv Results Back From A Hospital?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.