Jul 29, 2008
Dear Doc. Is there any new data on using Valproic Acid for mild cognitive impairment in people who are HIV positive? On going studies or results?
| Response from Dr. Moyle
Hi Walter I've not seen anything new on this since the reports in 2005 and 2006. The reports were coflicting, a cohort study suggested valroate made things worse, a small randomized trial suggested improvements. I could not find any details of ongoing trials for this indication at www.clinicaltrials.gov the main trials registry site Kind regards Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- What If My Boyfriend Has An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.