Jul 29, 2008
I have been on Norvir,Lexiva,and Truvada for several yrs. with good results. However, do these meds cross the brain barrier. If not. Is the any real concern for brain illnesses? IN FLORIDA.
Response from Dr. Moyle
The components of truvada certainly cross the brain barrier. Its less clear with PIs like lexiva. As a general rule, when the plasma viral load is undetectable, the fluid around the brain (CSF) also shows an undetectable viral load. This does not mean no viral activity but over the last 10 years dementia in people with HIV (without other cause except HIV)as essentially vanished. So you should have no concerns Best Wishes Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bacteria That Causes Hepatitis B
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.