Jul 29, 2008
HOW LONG CAN I LIVE WITH HIV AND NO MEDICATION?
| Response from Dr. Moyle
Some people get sick soon after getting HIV, others remain well seemingly indefinitely. The average for acquisition to illness is about 8 years. There are tables at http://aidsetc.org/aetc?page=cm-106_cd4_stage which provide estimates of risk based on Cd4 and viral load. The risk drops dramatically when you start HIV therapy regards Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Itchy Red Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Flu Symptoms?
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.