Aging With HIVAging With HIV

hiv and insurance

I was diagnost with hiv, four days ago. The test I took was anonymous. I only have had my insurance for four months and I don't know if the HIV was preexisting or not, before I got the insurance. I am sure however that if my insurance finds out they will try to drop me. So my question is, how can I get a t-cell count and a viral load count anonymously, so that my insurance doesn't find out about it for now? If my t-cell count is high, then I will wait a bit longer

Response from Dr. Moyle

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am not familiar with the US insurance system. However, failing to disclose a pre-existant condition is a form of fraud and would invalidate your insurance policy. I think it is best to be open with the insurance company so you can plan ahead. It may be worth asking one of the US based experts about insurance issues Kind regards Dr Moyle

after 15 years of a risky contact
all over the place