Jul 7, 2008
My husband who is HIV positive and recently diagnosed has decided not to have any treatment of any kind for HIV - he is losing weight and suffering from fevers and night sweats. What do you think his life expectance is?
| Response from Dr. Moyle
Doctors are notoriusly poor at estimating life-expectancy and are invariably wrong! The issue for your husband is to change his mind about HIV treatments and get stared on a recommended triple drug regimen asap. If he takes this well I can better guess his life expectancy.... It is likely to be close to what he would have expected! Good luck with changing his mind regards Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Condom Popped Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.