Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Corticosteroids

some time ago (like 2 years and a half) i decided to remove a wart that was in my neck, when it was removed my skin formed a queloid scar in that place...a friend that is a doctor said me that with some corticosteroids (dexamethasone) it would be come to a good scar...so he injected me like 3 times in same place, one time per 3 weeks with "Alin" (8 mg dexamethasone / mL) and it was almost totally removed but it still there... i really want to removed the queloid but i realized that this substances make your defenses go down! my cd4 is 411, should i try?

Response from Dr. Moyle

Local treatment of the keloid scar with corticosteroids is not a risk for your HIV management. We use corticosteroids in the setting of HIV for a wide range of appropriate conditions. Kind regards Dr Moyle

What stage?
Still not convinced.