Stats on new infection for those over 50
Jun 5, 2008
Can you tell me where I can get info on the number of new infections per year in those over 50. I have a friend that is engaging in unprotected heterosexual intercourse and believes this is not that risky as it is a yonger population that gets this most often or is infected with the virus.
Response from Dr. Moyle
Assuming you are in the US.... http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm
Hopefully your friend will wise up
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- ARS At 10 Weeks And Sore Throat
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Woman's Breast?
- Hiv Transmission From Hand Job
- How Long After Symptoms Start To Test HIV Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.