Stats on new infection for those over 50
Jun 5, 2008
Can you tell me where I can get info on the number of new infections per year in those over 50. I have a friend that is engaging in unprotected heterosexual intercourse and believes this is not that risky as it is a yonger population that gets this most often or is infected with the virus.
Response from Dr. Moyle
Assuming you are in the US.... http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm
Hopefully your friend will wise up
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Am Hiv Positive And My Boyfriend Is Not How Can I Tell Him
- Can U Get Hiv Through A Dried Up Cut?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- Underlying Conditions That Cause Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.