Jun 5, 2008
can a person have hiv for 20 years with no meds and then come down with full blown aids? Also,can children be born without hiv if one of the parents have it?
| Response from Dr. Moyle
1. Yes. HIV progresses to AIDS at variable speed, some quickly, some slowly. Just because someone hasn't seen CD4 deline or illness after say 10 years doesn't mean they should stop being monitored. Even some 'elite controllers' of HIV eventually get sick. 2. Yes, transmission is not inevitable and very preventable. However, questions on pregnancy and transmission are for a different forum
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Cause Of Vaginal Strep Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.