Aging With HIVAging With HIV

I have literally lost my (rear end) and my mid section is fatty...what can I do?????...My doctor has changed my is there anything I can do to look better???..HELP!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Moyle

Changing medications to one that avoids d4T or AZT is the first step. Fat recovery takes several years to be noticed. Beyond this there is relatively little that helps in terms of medical interventions. Your doctor will check some hormone levels to make sure these are oK. After that its about maintining your weight in a normal range (say BMI around 23-25, although this is a pretty crude measure) and do some gym type exercises to build up your 'gluteus maximus', the butt muscles. I enclose some links for purveyors of underwear that makes thinks look better in your jeans and improves sitting comfort regards Dr Moyle

thousands not surviving despite HAART??
My vision