|Is cosmetic surgery safe
May 31, 2008
I have had an increasingly difficult time finding literature on the effects of routine cosmetic surgery (lipo, breast reduction) for men with HIV, I am 27 and recently diagnosed. Am I eligible?
Thank you in advance
| Response from Dr. Moyle
For people with HIV who are well and on HIV medications with an undetectable viral load, cosmetic surgery should be as safe as in the general population. Sometimes the greater challenge is findng a surgeon to do the work. Sugeons are generally less keen on operating when HIV is not suppressed and CD4 counts are low due to risk to both themselves and the patient. Regards Dr Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.