Aging With HIVAging With HIV

painful lymph nodes?

Hi Dr. Moyle!

I was wondering: is it typical, during the course of HIV infection, for your lymph nodes to get really tender? It seems like mine are always a little bit swollen, but for the past few days, tons of them on the right side of my head/neck have been huge and painful and I don't seem to have any other kind of obvious infection/illness. I didn't know if it was just an HIV thing or if I should have it checked out..

Thanks very much for your time!

Response from Dr. Moyle

Lymph nodes get swollen for lots of reasons. Certainly they can be enlarged as part of HIV but more commonly it's a throat or ear infection. It's worth seeing your family doctor to check if there is an infection that needs treating. Regards Dr Moyle

what the heck
How does HIV stay even when undetectable