Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can not figure out my state
May 7, 2008

Hello Dr. Moyle,

sorry for bothering you with this story, but it has me captured in a frightened state for over a year now. So I would be very happy about your opinion !!!

I know what is said about window periods and so on, anyway, 2 weeks after a significant exposure to blood (blood in the eye) I have been falling very ill, meaning I have had the so called ars symptoms (lymph nodes in multiple sites, fatigue and weakness, extreme sweating, chills, arthralgia, neuropathic feeling in my right foot). They have been very persistent. Some of them are still ongoing like swollen glands, neuropathic feeling in right foot and a general uncomfortable body feeling.

To put a long story short, this is an extreme burden to me having had a exposure, having being experiencing symptoms, and none of my doctors seeming to take my hiv fears seriously for several tests have been negative (last ELISA at 1 year, and last pcr at 10 month post exposure). Therefore I really don't know how to handle my health-problems anymore !!!

Have you ever seen a hiv infection hiding out like this on tests but causing ongoing symptoms ?

What can I do ? And I definitely do not need a psychiatrist or anything like this, for my symptoms are real (confirmed by doctors), only nobody knowing what is causing them or when they will completely stop!!!

Sorry for the long text !!! But I feel so helpless about this situation.

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Moyle

If you have had negative HIV antibodies >1 year post exposure then you have not acquired HIV. I presume you have also had relevant hepatitis tests. I suggest you put this concern about HIV aside and work with you doctors on what is causing you poor health. Best of Luck Dr Moyle

Previous
New Diagnosis, Extremely Low CD4 count
Next
How long positive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.