HIV and HEP C
Apr 27, 2008
I have been infected with HIV for close to 25 years and am doing well on HAART. I also have HEP C and have failed 3 times Interferon/Ribovirin tx. and am currently not being tx. for HEP C. How does the combination of viruses effect the health of a 63 year old man.
Response from Dr. Moyle
There is nothing specific about agind and HIV/HepC co-infection. Of course the longer you have Hep C the more the risk of harm having occurred. Its sounds like you Dr is keeping a close eye on that. Doing well on HAART is important to slowing the Hep C down. Treatments for HepC are likely to improve a lot in the next few years so I suspect you doctor will continue to work hard on clearing that virus. Best Wishes Graeme Moyle
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If Miss A Dose Of HIV Meds?
- Cum On Anus No Penetration Hiv Risk
- Unprotected Oral Sex From Stripper
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- What Is Risk Of Hiv From Unprotected Sexual Exposure?
- At What Stage In The Hiv Virus Does Kaposi's Sarcoma Develop
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.