Aging With HIVAging With HIV

HIV and HEP C

I have been infected with HIV for close to 25 years and am doing well on HAART. I also have HEP C and have failed 3 times Interferon/Ribovirin tx. and am currently not being tx. for HEP C. How does the combination of viruses effect the health of a 63 year old man.

Response from Dr. Moyle

There is nothing specific about agind and HIV/HepC co-infection. Of course the longer you have Hep C the more the risk of harm having occurred. Its sounds like you Dr is keeping a close eye on that. Doing well on HAART is important to slowing the Hep C down. Treatments for HepC are likely to improve a lot in the next few years so I suspect you doctor will continue to work hard on clearing that virus. Best Wishes Graeme Moyle

Anal cancer risk factors
Can I expect the same complications of a regular person while aging?