Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Facial Wasting + Aging

Hi. I've managed to survive HIV for 25 years and HIV meds since the late 1980s. Now I'm 55yo and taking kalatra + saquinavir + 3 nukes salvage theapy to better control viral load. Especially in the last year since I started the PIs, the combination of getting older and taking these stronger meds are making me not only look older, but more and more look like hell! My T cells have generally remained above 450 and 25%. My health has always been very good with no abnormalities. I'm thinking of getting a face lift + eye lift for the sagging, and maybe three or four months afterwards, NewFill for moderate hollowness. This is out of the relm of experience for my HIV doc. The cosmetic surgeon is aware of my HIV status. Seems to me it may be better (and possibly safer) to do something sooner rather than wait until later to do something cosmetically. Can you advise regarding any additional considerations, precautions or safeguards someone such as me should consider? Thanks.

With your treatment history switching meds around may not be an option. I know in the Twin Cities we are waiting for a local plastic surgeon to become experienced with various cosmetic procedures. I have had patients go to other cities. I believe experience counts as does $$$ since these important procedures are often not covered by insurance. I don't advise patients to be the one of the first to have the injections done by a given provider if you choose to pursue that option. Long term results are still minimal but some of my patients have been pleased with Nu-Fill over several years. KH

sweating stopped
I am having severe side effects and stopped my meds