Aging With HIVAging With HIV

cholesterol and drug side effects

Dr., My mother recently tested HIV+. She is a 52 year old woman who is already taking Zocor for her cholesterol which is 308. She also has to take premarin. Now she is also taking a cocktail which I know includes veramune. My concern is that all these medications are too much for her. She is having severe side effects and said she had bile in her mouth and has had fever for 2 days upwards of 100. Considering her previous medical conditions and her age, what is the best route of action for her? I am extremely worried.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I think the best route of action is for her to immediately call her doctor and discuss her problems. These symptoms may indicate liver toxicity of nevirapine, which in some patinets can be life-threatening, and which is more common in women. they may also indicate other problems, and she needs to be evaluated promptly.

Need info about HIV and allergy shots
lipoatrophy